LOCATION : Cermak Health Services - 2800 S. California Ave., Chicago, IL/Environmental Services
SHIFT : Rotating
Under the direction of the Chief Operating Officer, the Business Manager IV, is responsible for managing housekeeping services of Cermak Health Services infirmary, clinical facilities, and administrative areas across the Cook County Department of Corrections (CCDOC) campus. The Business Manager IV coordinates building and infrastructure, repair and improvements, and serves as lead coordinator on behalf of the Cermak Chief Operating Officer in response to security, fire and life safety, and emergency preparedness, on call on a 24/7 basis. The Business Manager IV conducts audits and inspections of all Cermak CCDOC facilities to ensure conformance with Cermak policies and procedures.
This position is exempt from Career Service under the CCHHS Personnel Rules.
General Administrative Responsibilities
* Contributes to the management of CCHHS staff and CCHHS' systemic development and success
* Discusses and develops CCHHS system policies and procedures
* Consistently uses independent judgment to identify operational staffing issues and needs and performs the following functions as necessary: hires, transfers, suspends, layoffs, recalls, promotes, discharges, assigns, directs or disciplines employees pursuant to applicable Collective Bargaining Agreements
* Directs and effectuates CCHHS management policies and practices
* Accesses and proficiently navigates CCHHS records system to obtain and review information necessary to execute provisions of applicable collective bargaining agreements
* Reviews applicable Collective Bargaining Agreements and consult with Labor Relations to generate management proposals
* Participates in collective bargaining negotiations, caucus discussions and working meetings
* Documents, recommends and effectuates discipline at all levels
* Works closely with labor relations and/or labor counsel to effectuate and enforce applicable Collective Bargaining Agreements
* Manages the Environmental Services staff members, including Building Service Workers, and Supervisors on all shits, including weekends and holidays
* Represents Cermak in departmental and interagency committees relative to emergency issues, fire and life safety, evacuation, security, and building/infrastructure maintenance repair, construction and improvement
* Responsible for Cermak environmental services management duties to include provision of housekeeping services for the infirmary and all clinical areas across the CCDOC campus
* Responsible for Cermak physical plant management duties to include scheduling all maintenance on elevators, generators, air conditioning units, and boilers and interface with vendors; OSHA Officer(s), Fire and Safety Director(s), Hearing Officer(s) regarding facility and life safety systems
* Assesses the condition of all medical areas for repairs to be made by the Department of Facilities Management (DFM)
* Enters work order requests, coordinates, tracks and follows-up to ensure work orders are submitted to the Cook County Department of Facilities Management (DCFM) are completed
* Coordinates vendors with operational contract services, including but not limited to biohazard material waste collection and removal, pest control, solid waste, odor control, window cleaning, medical gas order and delivery
* Prepares Environmental Service's budgets, monitors expenditures, develops and submits specifications for equipment and supplies
* Consults with and advises management and Department of Facilities Management on physical plant issues, including but not limited to, HVAC, power, air treatment, wiring, water, wastewater, and communications
* Controls the issuance of all keys for all Cermak-secured doors and cabinets and chairs the Cermak Safety and Emergency Preparedness Committee
* Coordinates with Cermak management, maintains inspection reports and certification necessary to demonstrate facility compliance with all regulatory requirements, including but not limited to, Safety Data Sheets (SDS), etc.
* Conducts annual reviews, and updates of all Cermak and interagency policies and procedures that impact environmental, fire, life safety and emergency evacuation, and maintenance, and housekeeping services and programs
* Monitors staff performance and mentors staff and suggests ways to improve their services and work quality
* Performs other duties as assigned
Reports to the Chief Operating Officer
* Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or Engineering from an accredited college or university (Must provide official transcripts at time of interview)
OR High School Diploma and a minimum of eight (8) years of experience managing a staff in plant operations or housekeeping services is required.
* Two (2) years of experience leading staff on projects and meeting deadlines is required.
* Two (2) years of experience prioritizing projects and effective staff delegation to reach all management objectives is required .
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other Characteristics
* Working knowledge of personal computers, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
* Knowledge of Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) standards as well as other applicable federal, state, and local health and safety regulations.
* Working knowledge of natural gas pipeline operations.
* Excellent oral and writing skills, with the ability to adapt communications to different audiences and management levels
* Demonstrated competence in project management with strong organizational skills
* Ability to provide leadership and effective supervision for staff
* Ability to work effectively as part of a multidisciplinary team
When applying for employment with the Cook County Health & Hospitals System, preference is given to honorably discharged Veterans who have served in the Armed Forces of the United States for not less than 6 months of continuous service
To take advantage of this preference a Veteran must :
Meet the minimum qualifications for the position.
Identify self as a Veteran on the employment application by answering yes to the question by answering yes to the question, "Are you a Military Veteran?"
Attach a copy of their DD 214, DD 215 or NGB 22 (Notice of Separation at time of application filing. Please note: If you have multiple DD214s, 215s, or NGB 22S, Please submit the one with the latest date. Coast Guard must submit a certified copy of the military separation from either the Department of Transportation (Before 9/11) or the Department of Homeland Security (After 9/11). Discharge papers must list and Honorable Discharge Status. Discharge papers not listing an Honorable Discharge Status are not acceptable
A copy of a valid State ID Card or Driver's License which identifies the holder of the ID as a Veteran, may also be attached to the application at time of filing.
If items are not attached, you will not be eligible for Veteran Preference
VETERANS MUST PROVIDE ORIGINAL APPLICABLE DISCHARGE PAPERS OR APPLICABLE STATE ID CARD OR DRIVER'S LICENSE AT TIME OF INTERVIEW.
Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
Basic Term Life Insurance
Deferred Compensation Program
Paid Holidays, Vacation, and Sick Time
You may also qualify for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF)
MUST MEET ALL REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AT TIME OF APPLICATION FILING.
Degrees awarded outside of the United States with the exception of those awarded in one of the United States' territories and Canada must be credentialed by an approved U.S. credential evaluation service belonging to the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) or the Association of International Credential Evaluators (AICE). Original credentialing documents must be presented at time of interview.
*Please note all offers of Employment are contingent upon the following conditions: satisfactory professional & employment references, healthcare and criminal background checks, appropriate licensure/certifications and the successful completion of a physical and pre-employment drug screen.
*CCHHS is strictly prohibited from conditioning, basing or knowingly prejudicing or affecting any term or aspect of County employment or hiring upon or because of any political reason or factor.
COOK COUNTY HEALTH IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
ABOUT COOK COUNTY HEALTH (CCH)
The Cook County Health’s mission is to deliver integrated health services with dignity and respect regardless of a patient’s ability to pay; foster partnerships with other health providers and communities to enhance the health of the public; and advocate for policies that promote the physical, mental and social wellbeing of the people of Cook County.
CCH is comprised of two hospitals, John H. Stroger, Jr. Hospital and Provident Hospital, a robust network of more than a dozen community health centers, the Ruth M. Rothstein CORE Center, the Community Triage Center, the Cook County Department of Public Health, Cermak Health Services, which provides health care to individuals at the Cook County Jail and the Juvenile Temporary Detention Center, and CountyCare, a Medicaid managed care health plan.
The system cares for more than 300,000 patients each year and its physicians are experts in their fields, committed to providing their patients with comprehensive, compassionate and cutting-edge care. Today, CCH is transforming the provision of health care in Cook County by promoting community-based primary and preventive care, growing an innovative, ...collaborative health plan and enhancing the patient experience.
COOK COUNTY HEALTH IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER